Echo & Alexa Forums

My Amazon Echo tower quits being vocal or streaming with sound

Nina E Woodard

My Amazon Echo tower quits being vocal or streaming with sound
« on: October 10, 2018, 10:57:47 am »
All of a sudden my Echo just quits being vocal.  It registers the request on my phone when I look at what it heard and the blue light indicates that it hears the request but it just doesn't allow any sound to be emitted.  And just now it responded to alarm off but didn't respond to Alexa off and the radio show just continued on.  The only way I have been able to correct this is by turning it off and on.  But that makes it not reliable for alarm and other things.  Any help out there for this issue? any one else having this difficulty

AlanH

Re: My Amazon Echo tower quits being vocal or streaming with sound
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 11:15:25 am »
Assuming that rebooting hasn't worked, have you tried resetting?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201819000

Nina E Woodard

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 11:33:15 am »
reboot does work but then it doesn't continue it may last a day or two but then goes out again.  I have reset also but again it fixes it in the short run but does not sustain

froglips

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 04:14:27 pm »
Check if when the issue is happening, if bluetooth is pairing to some device. I had this happen and I unpaired the device, problem solved.  Set it up to pair manually not automatically.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 04:25:36 pm »
Unplug the device for FIVE minutes.  it needs this much time to completely clear all the problems and often fixes things.