Echo & Alexa Forums

more albums vanishing from amazon music but they're on spotify, I want answers.

joe83170

Can someone explain the Licensing that amazon has for music streaming. There's too many albums that were available last week that are not available today  example: meat Loaf " Bat out of hell"  no longer available    It's on spotify though.  I need more information from amazon on their licensing process. this is getting annoying. I'm gonna go back to streaming to a bluetooth speaker and sell my echos.

only the lawyers from amazon will know the licensing process and that is something they will not share with just anyone.   Nobody here can help no matter how many times you ask your question.  can you say proprietary information? 

Can someone explain the Licensing that amazon has for music streaming. There's too many albums that were available last week that are not available today  example: meat Loaf " Bat out of hell"  no longer available    It's on spotify though.  I need more information from amazon on their licensing process. this is getting annoying. I'm gonna go back to streaming to a bluetooth speaker and sell my echos.

It's not just Amazon... it's nearly all (including Spotify on some items) streaming services. They will change the version of a song (even the same album still showing as reference) and play some version I can tell has been altered or remastered or is an entirely different version such as a live version where I was used to hearing the studio classic version of a song. Pretty annoying. There is no substitute for owning the music copies you like best. Streaming has proven to be terrible in my experience completely. I HAD some really great old obscure tunes on my phone and signed up for Apple Music and it replaced over 80% of my versions with something I;d never heard of before... some completely different songs from completely different groups. Fortunately I have copies of all my "original" music on other hard drives and digital media and even some CD's... which I'm likely to have to buy a CD multi drive to plugin USB to play or record them again.

Streaming is OK for things like long stretches of time to play music from odd playlists and favorites and such... it never works like I want because the apps playing them change all the time and access options move around all the time on Apple. Pandora (which is a different kind of PITA) often wins out on playing due to the fact they play "types" of music based on an artist or your "likes" much better for me than other services... all of them have their good and bad points. I've just learned to live with them in the best possible ways for now...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Offline jwlv

The explanation is: It's a company decision. Nothing you or anyone else can do about it. It's between the top brass at Amazon and the music labels. Amazon music has nothing to do with Spotify. What one service has available to stream has no effect on what the other service has available.

But if the only factor for you to purchase an Echo device is for streaming music, then perhaps you're right that you should sell your Echos. After all, the sound from an Echo is no where near as good as a Hi-Fi system. And streaming music tends to lower the bitrate and produce inferior audio quality. And besides, you can stream from just about anything these days; cell phone, computer, tablet, smart TV, cable/TV boxes, streaming stick (Roku, FireTV, etc.) You don't need to have an Echo.