Echo & Alexa Forums

Reminders / Alarms

Mwalsh

Reminders / Alarms
« on: September 10, 2018, 07:34:12 pm »
Hi There,

I am hoping that someone can help me. I am trying to make my mother's life (86 years!) a little easier with an Alexa Echo Show device. After a lot of initial difficulties, I managed to get the video conferencing working between two Echo Shows (one in Germany and one in Ireland) and some Alexa apps on Smartphones. So, I now consider the project to be a success.

Surprisingly I am now trying to do something "simple": I want to set reminders for her to take her tablets 4 times per day (let's say 10am, 1pm, 5pm, 10pm). All seems to work fine EXCEPT for one really silly thing. As soon as the reminder for 10pm is finished, Alexa immediately starts reminding my mother to take her morning tablets. So why is there a reminder appearing on the screen almost every minute for something due in 11 hours? It is totally misleading!

I then turned to Alarms to see if that was a better solution ... and maybe it is, BUT unlike with the reminders, I cannot give the Alarm any name or explanatory text. So, my mother could hear the four alarms but not know what they are for!

So, I either need to give names to alarms or I need to make sure that the reminder messages only appear when they are due (+/- 15 minutes). I can't find anything in the Alexa app that would help.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many Thanks - Michael.

Re: Reminders / Alarms
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 04:01:43 am »
Have you tried setting up Routines?
These have to be setup from a phone but you can have them do a number of things as well as speak custom phrases. ;)