Echo & Alexa Forums

Read (different) pre-defined Message each day?

Richardsonjones

Read (different) pre-defined Message each day?
« on: September 05, 2018, 04:11:58 am »
Ok so this is a bit of a long shot and a very random request, but I’m wondering if anyone can help me think of a way to achieve what I need, using Alexa.
I’ve got three kids, who each get to choose their lunches at school. There’s a different menu each day, always with three alternate options to choose from (I know - lucky them!)
Mornings in our house are mayhem and I’d love it if I could get Alexa to read the day’s menu options when asked to do so.
I’m happy to pre-programme the menu data in somewhere, but can’t thing of a task or app that could be used for this.
My first thought was to use calendar, and create an appointment each day listing the menu options, but as we already use the calendar, asking Alexa to read the day’s appointments would bombard us with other irrelevant info such as birthdays, meetings and other reminders.
Can anyone think of a way to isolate just a specific type of appointment, or specific calendar, so that we could achieve this - or alternatively another app of skill that we could use?