Echo & Alexa Forums

An Exclusive offer email... Anyone?

An Exclusive offer email... Anyone?
« on: August 09, 2018, 06:56:35 pm »
Anyone get one of these emails? and Has anyone participated in one of their "opportunities" and is it a pita or cool and why?

Dear Scott,

You've been selected for an exclusive opportunity to help improve Alexa Shopping Questions and Answers, a new feature allowing Alexa to answer a wide range of questions about the products Amazon sells.

How does it work? Once you sign up with your Amazon account, we'll enable exclusive features for all your Alexa-enabled devices. Then, you will receive a weekly email with suggestions of new kinds of questions to ask Alexa. Then, simply try the features and let us know what you think. That's it. You will make a direct impact on features for future Amazon customers and we'd love your help.

Are you interested? Your participation and feedback is essential to improving Alexa and it is greatly appreciated. Simply click the link below within 7 days of receipt of this email to get started.  (Link supplied on email)

2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Re: An Exclusive offer email... Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 04:30:43 am »
I did not get one.  I would not even consider it if the link provided and the email return address is not an amazon one.

AlanH

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 04:51:56 am »
I’m assuming this is US only? Sounds like a public beta test, and might be interesting if legit. Definitely check it’s legit first!

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 08:03:11 am »
Thanks for the input... from both of you. The offer is Legit Amazon stuff... mostly just curious how much drama or trouble it actually is to participate... I also wonder if the "exclusive features" enabled will be yours to keep if wanted... I've inquired so we'll see.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
One Ring Doorbell Pro

AlanH

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 08:20:53 am »
I would imagine that the “exclusive features” are only for those in the beta test programme, but later they’ll be rolled out to all devices.

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 08:38:31 pm »
After researching it a bit more, I decided to forgo the whole thing... I really just don't shop with Alexa at all, and feel like my input would be of little help in determining anything that could shape the Alexa Shopping experience... Kinda got excited at first thinking it'd be cool or fun at the least... but realize I'm not really a good candidate.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
One Ring Doorbell Pro

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 08:53:09 pm »
Now if it was a rewards program like google has, It might be worth it  :-)  Since joining google rewards, I have gotten a lot of free apps and movies.   Got over 30 bucks in it right now and I spent around the same.  Might not be much but is sure comes in handy in the play store.  anyway, sounds like amazon is trying to do the same without any pay