Echo Plus cant see my Smart Home devices but my Dots Can
« on: July 20, 2018, 06:00:35 am »
Hi Guys

Wonder if anyone can help with this - my current set up is as follows:
* 1 x echo plus
* 2 x echo dots
* 6 x hue bulbs
* 2 x tp link smart plugs
Had a power cut and wifi issues over the last week. Got everything back except my Echo plus can do everything apart from see devices in my Smart Home?
The strange thing is the smart home can actually be controlled by the dots?? 'Alexa Living Room on' etc. Echo plus simply says -' i cant find a device called Living Room'
Any ideas?? please! its driving me bonkers
i have reset Echo Plus via paperclip hard reset  and i have reset the Hue Bulbs using the serial number tool. They are all on the same network. its almost as if the echos have stolen the capabilities of the echo plus????

Re: Echo Plus cant see my Smart Home devices but my Dots Can
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 11:11:50 pm »
did you do a discover?  does the app show your plus being active?  did you try a power cycle on your router.  sometimes you can have one device quit working and a power cycle will help.    pull the power to the router for a slow 10 count.  then plug back in. 

d-right

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 03:36:06 pm »
Hi Guys

* 1 x echo plus
* 2 x echo dots
* 6 x hue bulbs
Had a power cut and wifi issues over the last week. Got everything back except my Echo plus can do everything apart from see devices in my Smart Home?
The strange thing is the smart home can actually be controlled by the dots?? 'Alexa Living Room on' etc. Echo plus simply says -' i cant find a device called Living Room'
i have reset Echo Plus via paperclip hard reset  and i have reset the Hue Bulbs using the serial number tool. They are all on the same network. its almost as if the echos have stolen the capabilities of the echo plus????

Same, I had the exact same problem. Until I decided to get the Lenovo Smart Display and connect it to all my home mini lol. I mean, it's so much more convenient cause the issues were so minor and easily solved.

bitstopjoe

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 03:53:59 pm »
Jeez, hawk the Levono much???

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 05:00:49 pm »
Hi Guys

* 1 x echo plus
* 2 x echo dots
* 6 x hue bulbs

Same, I had the exact same problem. Until I decided to get the Lenovo Smart Display and connect it to all my home mini lol. I mean, it's so much more convenient cause the issues were so minor and easily solved.

never laughed so hard in my life.  too bad what you say is not true. 

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 11:19:34 pm »
Why do you antagonize any one who says Google home is better?  He did it and in his own experience he likes it better than echo system.

Maybe you just don't know how to properly install and use a Google ai system.

Ever think of that?