Echo & Alexa Forums

I got a Spot for 30 bucks yesterday...

I got a Spot for 30 bucks yesterday...
« on: July 18, 2018, 08:14:52 pm »
A Little excitement as things go around our home. We find joy in strange things sometimes... this time, I was looking for a Doorbell Video Cam set up and found Best Buy had a deal yesterday for a Ring Pro video Door Bell and an echo dot for an additional 30 dollars. I could sell it for half of retail and make out OK... but it's kinda cool and I think I'll keep it. Now I have Dots and echos and Spots and Alexa All over the damn place. This was, in my opinion one of the best "deals" through Prime days and such... not much else on my radar came in with great sale prices... even the Hue lights were lukewarm for me... Still waiting for Hue Day or something to get a good deal...
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Re: I got a Spot for 30 bucks yesterday...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 12:15:11 am »
I think I got a great deal on the cloud cams.  60 bucks apiece instead of 120.    was looking at them for a while now and almost got them last week, glad I waited.   

a spot for 30 sounds like a great deal. maybe one of these days you will be able to get them at that price without another purchase.  I guess once I get the cloudcams, I will need a spot or a show.  Maybe just a fire tablet and one of of those show stands or whatever they are called.   You can do more with a tablet than a show.   

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 12:19:21 am by renegade600 »

Re: I got a Spot for 30 bucks yesterday...
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 07:27:00 am »
YES! Get a Fire tablet instead if you just need it for viewing cams. The 7 inch will do it with a touch of the screen, as well as an 8"... but for full voice command control you'll need a 10" HD (2017 or later). They all will show what's on the cam, but voice control being the goal of Alexa and all their product like it... 150 bucks for the low capacity HD10 is still a bargain as it can be used for so much more if needed.

I already have all the Tablets and the rest of my ecosystem is MAC, so I cannot view the camera door bell with the laptop using the accompanying software... but I will find a way to work out what I want to happen. If it's not possible yet, it will be soon (as we always find out later)
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!