Echo & Alexa Forums

Got myself a battery base for the Show

strayfish

Got myself a battery base for the Show
« on: July 17, 2018, 02:23:32 pm »
Looks like a handbag (ok, purse) but hey - untethered! Made by the same company (Smatree) that makes the bases for the Echo and Dot, both of which mean my devices can be tootled around the house as required. It makes me happier than such a thing should :)

Laurel

Re: Got myself a battery base for the Show
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 06:32:44 pm »
Looks pretty nifty when I checked them out.

strayfish

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 06:37:41 pm »
It is, just reminds me of the little square bags with stiff handles everybody’s Nan had at one time perched on their knee!

Laurel

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 11:08:49 pm »
It is, just reminds me of the little square bags with stiff handles everybody’s Nan had at one time perched on their knee!

Very retro lol.

strayfish

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 03:42:45 am »
Just needs a couple of applique plastic daisies for the front  ;D

Laurel

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 09:22:35 am »
Just needs a couple of applique plastic daisies for the front  ;D
Lots of those on Amazon lol.  I love doing kooky things like putting retro stickers on suitcases etc. We have 2 Echo Shows and I love them because of their retro look.  Hubby just bought a third Echo Show on Prime Day. I think I will have to get a battery base too.

strayfish

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 09:51:09 am »
Then you can carry it round like you're Jean Shrimpton. Just don't pick it up and head off shopping with it; that girl's giving up none of her cash for anyone!

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 05:10:45 pm »
so, how long does the battery last?

strayfish

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 05:58:03 pm »
It says up to 8 hours but I haven't tested that yet. The ones I have for the Echo and Dot say 4 hours but go 8-9 regularly.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 06:31:50 pm »
It says up to 8 hours but I haven't tested that yet. The ones I have for the Echo and Dot say 4 hours but go 8-9 regularly.

was wanting real time info  :-)  never can go by what they say. 

strayfish

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 06:51:58 pm »
Barely had it long enough for that, but the other two out-perform the manufacturer’s estimates which may or may not be a guide.

strayfish

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 07:00:15 am »
Ok, after two trials (the second after I made absolutely sure it was fully charged) it ran about four hours playing a radio station. I'll see what it does if it's just sitting on standby which may be where the estimate of eight hours comes from. The other two, albeit not having to support a screen, go well beyond their estimated four hours.