Echo & Alexa Forums

Most "Greatest Hits" albums are now unavailable for streaming

joe83170

Most "Greatest Hits" albums are now unavailable for streaming   Anyone have an answer for this? Amazon music just gets worse and worse. I can do a better job curating playlists and knowing which albums people want to listen to.

asianrocker

Re: Most "Greatest Hits" albums are now unavailable for streaming
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 11:28:16 pm »
Paying for music app is against my religion so I won't have any user experience to share.

I always prefer to make my own list anyway.

Which reminds me Spotify actually makes greatest hits list for you. I know coz Mariah recently tweeted hers is available on Spotify.

Just checked my Spotify. Just search - this is (artist) - that is how they populate their hits.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:32:45 pm by asianrocker »

Laurel

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 11:40:50 am »
Most "Greatest Hits" albums are now unavailable for streaming   Anyone have an answer for this? Amazon music just gets worse and worse. I can do a better job curating playlists and knowing which albums people want to listen to.
I am not finding that. Which aren't available?

joe83170

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 12:31:57 pm »
too many to name.  20th century masters series.  guns and roses greatest hits.   2 of the tears for fears ones plus the seeds of love album.   suddenly all gone. they were there before cause I had them in my library now they’re all greyed out.  amazon just using mostly the albums of an artist and not the hits collections for streaming.  they want tou to say. alexa play songs by rod stewart not play specific album.