Echo & Alexa Forums

new to this forum, want to control a ceiling fan

froglips

Re: new to this forum, want to control a ceiling fan
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 11:45:43 pm »
This is exactly what I would like to have in my house to control the ceiling fans. However, the $99 price tag is a real put off. Even if it was $50 I'd think twice. But if it was $25 or $35, I'd probably buy one or two right away.

You know the one Bond hub can control multiple fans. Works great, I have mine controlling 2 large DC motor fans and 1 small AC fan.  Bond also can control the fans lights.

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 10:28:46 am »
Yeppers... really smart little box for a hundred bucks
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:43:25 am by scottrods »
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Runfox

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 03:11:18 am »
Well automating my ceiling fans would pretty pricey for sure. The only smart fan controll Im seeing on Amazon is like $50 a piece. Yikes!! Then add a wink hub for $35 and Im close to $100. So Ill try instead to add a remote controll to the fans that fit in the fan canopy. I had remote controlls on our Hampton bay fans in our old house. They are cheap at like under $20 each, if they fit in the canopy. Then I sould get the Bond, smart home automation, that can turn the fan remote into a smart remote to control with alexa. It can control up to 6 fans, more than I will have. I think that will be my least expensive way to auomate my ceiling fans.

Runfox

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 04:22:00 am »
Well now i feel stupid and frustrated with myself!! I should have been more patient and done more research first. looking to automate my ceiling fans and let me control them with alexa. I now found a Hampton Bay Universal Wink Enabled White Ceiling Fan Premier Remote Control, at Home depot. This is the ticket. It installs in the fan canopy, has a remote, working with wink. all I need is a wink hub and its not to expensive. Its only $50 and it controls the fans and lihgts all in one.And gives a three speed fan, four speeds . The other GE Zwave fan speed controller only controlled the fan speeds not the lights. This does it all for one price, and you can order it and have it shipped to the house.

asianrocker

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2018, 06:08:27 am »
I now found a Hampton Bay Universal Wink Enabled White Ceiling Fan Premier Remote Control, at Home depot. Its only $50

LOL whatever you do don't buy it there. If you want it shipped any way buy it on eBay. I saw it for $7 I believe.

I am looking at Amazon prime day sale and found a phone holder for $8. I searched on eBay for same item and it's $5!!!

Prime day sale my arse.

Ok the one you want is $10 cheaper on eBay. The non wink enabled is $9.

I saw people talking about the wink enabled one runs on zigbee.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 06:21:11 am by asianrocker »

Runfox

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2018, 01:09:52 pm »
OK Asianrocker I just went to Home depot site, copied the description,
Hampton Bay
Universal Wink Enabled White Ceiling Fan Premier Remote Control, searched on Ebay, found a couple of remotes only, no control module, for $40.95, found one unit same as home depot with control module that goes in the fan, for $58.49, the one at home depot, is only, $49.99, ships to my house, free delivery. So I dont know what you found but I didn't see anything for $7 and Amazon doesn't carry this.

asianrocker

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018, 03:43:48 pm »
I just searched the cheapest is not $7 it's $10. And it's just the universal remote.

If I were you I would buy that and buy an x10 ir blaster that works with echo.

But it's up to you. I just always look for the best deal always when I get something and I usually price match. Usually during prime day sale and best buy is my go to on that.

Cheapest is always on eBay for me though. Alibaba and AliExpress are also cheap.