Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo show not talking as much?

stormr

Echo show not talking as much?
« on: July 06, 2018, 04:42:33 pm »
Hi, first off I recently bought a couple echos, the tower and the dot. I love them. I got the echo show today and have been enjoying it in the kitchen. It's perfect for listening to pandora and other stuff while I am cooking. However I noticed that many times instead of responding back to me she just shows the words on the screen instead of saying them. Like for example when I compliment her on a funny joke or something like that, rather than saying "Thanks", she just shows me the word "Thanks". Is this normal? and is there a setting to have her speak more often? Most times I am not staring at the screen and not sure if she heard me or not when she doesn't actually speak out the words.

Laurel

Re: Echo show not talking as much?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 06:54:48 pm »
Hi, first off I recently bought a couple echos, the tower and the dot. I love them. I got the echo show today and have been enjoying it in the kitchen. It's perfect for listening to pandora and other stuff while I am cooking. However I noticed that many times instead of responding back to me she just shows the words on the screen instead of saying them. Like for example when I compliment her on a funny joke or something like that, rather than saying "Thanks", she just shows me the word "Thanks". Is this normal? and is there a setting to have her speak more often? Most times I am not staring at the screen and not sure if she heard me or not when she doesn't actually speak out the words.
We have two Echo Shows and they are chatty.  Lots of colloquial jargon coming from her i.e. "no worries" "that's what I'm here for" when I say thank you. lol 

stormr

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 07:17:56 pm »
Thanks for the response, I actually just went into the kitchen 10 minutes ago to test out some routines on her. And she was updating. Seems to be working normal now.

Laurel

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 07:59:09 pm »
Thanks for the response, I actually just went into the kitchen 10 minutes ago to test out some routines on her. And she was updating. Seems to be working normal now.
Glad to hear things are working normally!  We love our Echo Shows.  Hubby wants to buy another one on Prime Day.