Echo & Alexa Forums

Poll

If you can only buy one echo device, which one do you want to buy?

echo
5 (45.5%)
echo plus
1 (9.1%)
echo dot
0 (0%)
echo spot
2 (18.2%)
echo show
3 (27.3%)
echo edition
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: June 28, 2018, 03:58:45 am

If you can only buy one echo device, which one do you want to buy?

jasmine2424

:)Welcome to vote!

fstbusa

Re: If you can only buy one echo device, which one do you want to buy?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 08:19:21 am »
I only own a gen 1 echo and a couple dots.... I don't see myself buying a show, tap, or any of the others.  If anything maybe upgrading to a gen 2 echo.

I think your desired use and location will depend on which device you should buy.

Laurel

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 11:05:24 am »
:)Welcome to vote!
Since we have Echo, Tap, and Echo Show the survey isn't relevant to us.  Like all the devices.

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 11:55:29 am »
I only own 1 and it's enough for me. The orig echo.  I google the edition one so it's basically echo on different colors?

Offline kenf

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 02:21:57 pm »
I have SPot, SHow, Dots and Echoes.

Spot is for bedroom.  replaced my late 1980's red LED alarm clock

Show is for kitchen.  Recipes and timers are handy to see on the screen.

Echo is for rooms where people will be, like the living room.

Dot is for less populated rooms, like the garage, master bath, my office

iolinux333

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 01:11:55 am »
I picked original, but now after consideration, I would pick Dot and a good hard wired powered stereo speaker set for best sound and most versatility.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 04:21:26 pm »
I would be which ever one has the most microphones. 

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 10:26:44 am »
Reading the survey, I see there is really only one choice... but I kind of have a different approach to some... maybe most even...

I HAVE 5 echo products. 1 Original Echo, and 4 Dots. I do have several Fire Tablets as well as an amazon Fire Stick too... but they're not truly official Echo Products.

If I were limited to Just one (and having my knowledge and experience with Nearly all of them now) I would Still Buy the original Echo or 2nd Gen echo. Basically the same unit in different packages... Yeah, the new one has better sound... so Likely would win out as First "only choice".

I set my Echosystem up this way - My "MAIN" unit is with me and my computer - All the rest are used as satellites but are capable of everything on their own. The sound is better on the Full Echo, so it is the only one I use for music. The rest are mostly for Smart home controllers as I have 17 Hue Bulbs and devices with plans for more. It is truly a convenience for my In-Laws as they're able to turn lights on/off without getting up to activate a switch. My wife loves the voice control and motion sensors to help her while she has her hands full working around the house. If it weren't for the old people I'd buy one of the Smart Automated vacuum systems as well, to reduce the work load my wife takes on. I also use the "Master" one to control TV nearby, so I can see what's going on, since none of my AV system has a way to check Status from the Echo's.

Other than that I don't think any one fits my needs any better than the rest, and my wife expresses no interest in having a SHOW, or any other devices... yet. Once she figures out the voice control for the Show and recipes... It could be a deal changer for sure.

The funniest thing about this Survey is no one here would buy the dot as their only Echo... but several of us have even stated that we own more of them than any other Echo Product...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 10:31:53 am by scottrods »
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!