Echo & Alexa Forums

new alexa icon

asianrocker

new alexa icon
« on: June 20, 2018, 07:33:55 pm »
ok so obviously my phone updated by itself, most likely the alexa app included and voila when I check my phone just now a new alexa icon is there kinda like how the google search is embedded.

I click on it and it's alexa on my phone. So you no longer have to open alexa app to access alexa. Also this one does not connect to your physical echo unit. The sound comes out on your phone.

So  I have 2 AIs on my phone. Am I the only one that got this update? Or no one cares anymore about new alexa thingies? LOL.

Re: new alexa icon
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 07:42:44 pm »
iPhone or Android?
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 07:48:08 pm »
android. come on now, I loathe apple why would I have that? I'm guessing this one won't be on apple. or it will create another new problem for apple users, LOL.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 08:28:32 pm »
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android 8.0 Oreo) and I don't have any new Alexa icons. It's still the same Amazon Alexa app that I've had for a while. And the app still opens normally to the screen where it shows Things to Try, recent history, menu icon at the top and the 5 icons at the bottom.

asianrocker

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 09:02:19 pm »
Oh ok I got it. My phone has fingerprint scanner and when I use it, it unlocks my phone and launch alexa app. The icon stay in the background until you clear it. I have a clear all option and when I click that, the icon disappears.

It's still new though coz I always unlock my phone like that and it's only now that I see that icon pop up.