Echo & Alexa Forums

FireTV Apps that can be controlled by Alexa

mikeagner

FireTV Apps that can be controlled by Alexa
« on: June 16, 2018, 06:24:30 pm »
You might have heard that Alexa controls have been recently added to Sony Crackle; that means you can freeze, playback, skip ahead, etc and several other things as listed on the official Amazon page here;

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202174250

Interestingly they say 'supported apps' (along with Prime) several places on this page, but never precisely mention which ones do work with Alexa. Now we know Prime Video and Crackle do; I have sent a comment to Amazon and got the polite 'you're right, we need to list these', but of course, nada has happened so far.

I think Netflix and Hulu also work - I don't have them, so if someone can try this, that would be helpful. Perhaps I can grease the wheels a little by getting a concise list of Alexa-controlled apps and passing them over to the Amazon folks - hey it can't hurt. What other ones work? i.e. YouTube TV? I know Sling doesn't, but maybe PS Vue?

Notice that I'm talking about apps that can be controlled with the commands in the above link; I know that you can use Alexa to launch all sorts of things - that's not what is needed here.  Mike

Oledocdef

Re: FireTV Apps that can be controlled by Alexa
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 08:45:59 pm »
Ps vue, Netflix, and Hulu all work.