Echo & Alexa Forums

Intermittent Connectivity Issues

ChiroVette

Intermittent Connectivity Issues
« on: June 12, 2018, 08:45:06 pm »
Okay maybe you Alexa experts can help me. For the past few days I have been having intermittent issues with Alexa accepting voice commands. Most of the time it works normally. But a few times a day now, when I tell Alexa to do something, it either turns the light ring blue and seems to be "thinking" for extended time periods, or I get the dreaded red light ring and one of several messages, such as the Dot telling me it has no Internet connection. Sometimes with the red ring it says it cannot do that now or try later. Other times it still with the red ring it gives me any number of error messages such as not being able to communicate with a specific device like a smart bulb or smart plug or even an Activity in my Logitech Harmony Elite.

Now every time this happens, I verify that I have both a solid Internet and a solid WiFi. So whatever is going on it isn't with my connections. It seems to be an Alexa problem. Also, I have tried unplugging  the dot and plugging it in again to reboot the device, but that hasn't helped.

Do I need warranty service? Maybe I need to perform a system restore and restore the Dot to factory settings?

Of course, then do I now have to rediscover all the devices and Harmony Hub and Activities all over again? Or, since its all stored in my phone on the Alexa app, would I be able to just re-sync the Dot to my cell phone and that will be that? Assuming a system restore of the device is what's needed.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:46:55 pm by ChiroVette »

ChiroVette

Re: Intermittent Connectivity Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 09:58:49 am »
Just bumping this since I posted it 4 days ago and no responses.