Echo & Alexa Forums

what is going on

asianrocker

what is going on
« on: June 03, 2018, 01:36:23 pm »
Don't know what category to put this but I thought I was banned. When I click login nothing is happening. I tried on my phone and laptop. Same.

I tried different browsers. Same.

So I thought to login using my data on my phone.  When I click login it went through.

I am back on my wifi but wow that's weird.

Or was I really banned and found a work around. LOL.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:38:42 pm by asianrocker »

mike27oct

Re: what is going on
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 07:50:26 pm »
I had an issue, too.  I could not refresh the tab I had open for this site.  Finally gave up and opened a fresh tab and it is working.  Yep, it's weird.  Unless others figure this out, we may be the only two people here for a while!

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 04:17:02 am »
no problem here.  though I don't post much anymore, I'm here a couple times a day.  Maybe delete your browsers cookies could help. 

on a side note, I run linux so there could be some differences as to the way the forum works in the linux firefox browser.   
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:20:21 am by renegade600 »

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 07:06:08 am »
What happened was the site's webhost decided to force SSL connections. It was supposed to be optional when the webhost enabled it. But due to some weird configuration issue on the webhost's side, it was not optional and all non-SSL http connections were redirected to https. Since there is no SSL certificate associated with this domain name, it just appeared to be offline or showed a connection refused error. While fixing it, certain parts of the forum were inoperable. Such as clicking on the menu icon (from mobile browsers), new user pages, anti-spam captchas, etc.)
This happened in the last two days. This should be fixed for everyone unless your browser is holding on to a cached copy of the site.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 07:08:57 am by jwlv »

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 07:17:21 am »
I also had difficulties duing this tumw.
Being out of town I was only able to use my phone and could not post.I was able to log on however.

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 09:01:11 am »
Problem is solved on my part as of today. Nice to know there's a valid explanation for it. Thanks.

strayfish

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 10:27:22 am »
Also back in via an email alerting me to a response to a thread or I might still have been refreshing the old tab!

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 04:23:33 pm »
Thanks for fixing things.