Echo & Alexa Forums

Screen flickering

dhlavaty

Screen flickering
« on: April 05, 2018, 03:49:24 pm »
Anyone else have problems with the screen on Echo Show flickering?  Returned my first one due to this problem and now the second one is doing the same.  Only had them a total of 4 months.  I tried unplugging and resetting to factory settings.

Offline jwlv

Re: Screen flickering
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 04:23:28 pm »
I have 3 echo shows for several months.  The screens are fine and do not flicker. Maybe check your power source?

moxon

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 04:35:12 am »
Anyone else have problems with the screen on Echo Show flickering?  Returned my first one due to this problem and now the second one is doing the same.  Only had them a total of 4 months.  I tried unplugging and resetting to factory settings.
I have 3 echo shows for several months.  The screens are fine and do not flicker. Maybe check your power source?
i also bought 3 and one has started flickering reset no change guess faulty

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 06:07:51 pm »
i also bought 3 and one has started flickering reset no change guess faulty

try swapping places with one of the other ones.  sometimes there could be some type of electronic interference in a location.  could be speakers, phones, computers, or other electronic device.   

asianrocker

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 09:40:00 pm »
I am guessing it's plugged in to an extension that is full.

Have you tried plugging it to a direct outlet by itself?

dxguy

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 05:47:51 pm »
It is possible that the screen backlighting could be going bad. But a bad power source could also cause problems. You just gotta narrow down on the possible causes and then figure out what to do from there. As others suggested, try using a different AC outlet. Or try swapping the power supply with a different one. You can even go as far as trying it out at someone else's house. It is summer and many people are running their air conditioners. And in the past I've seen air conditioners cause fluctuations on the power line.