Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Google Calendar Link

john2k

Echo Google Calendar Link
« on: April 04, 2018, 07:40:31 am »
I have a few echo dots around my house. It is linked to my Google Calendar. I can ask it things like when is my next event. However, it seems very basic. If I use my phone and use google and ask google when my next flight is from X to Y it can check my calendar and tell me. However, echo just doesn't seem to do any of this. Seems really behind. Am I missing something? I feel like I might have made a mistake and should have gone for Google Home

MartinB999

Re: Echo Google Calendar Link
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 05:47:43 am »
Hey there. I use the calendar function but it is very basic and there certainly is no search option. It's early days though so I'm holding out for an update to see if things change.

john2k

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 08:57:22 am »
Hey there. I use the calendar function but it is very basic and there certainly is no search option. It's early days though so I'm holding out for an update to see if things change.

Thanks for your reply. That really does kind of suck. For a long time we've been able to search calendar using voice assistant. Seems Alexa is way behind. Considering it's supposed to be a personal assistant, it's not really being very helpful in assisting in the most basic task which is calendar events lol.

Offline kenf

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 09:22:06 am »
this is where Google has and should have the advantage.  Google's voice assistant has perfect access to anything inside Google, including your calendar.

It's why a friend of mine opted for Google instead of Alexa, she was looking at her VA assisting her in a more office helper like fashion.