Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon.ca Is A Joke Compared To Amazon.com

studlygoorite

Amazon.ca Is A Joke Compared To Amazon.com
« on: March 19, 2018, 10:07:48 pm »
I have Amazon.ca Prime, I bought an Amazon Fire TV 4k to get the 4k and have the ability to connect to the Fire TV through Alexa . Well guess what, that is only if you are using .com, using my .ca account (where I have my Prime Account) I cannot connect using Alexa, on top of this I can't even watch Prime friggin Videos because it only works in Canada on a Fire Stick, not on the 4k Fire TV. What a joke. Just adds to the inability to use Alarms with Prime Music in Canada and the inability to get Prime Music Unlimited in Canada not to mention all the other crap......sorry but I am pissed. 

Update, now I have a "Fire Stick" but guess what I can't watch Prime Videos on it either (it was purchased in the states), I can watch it on the basic Fire Stick purchased in Canada but no 4k. So I switched to my Xbox One X and looked at my Prime Video app but guess what, I can watch Prime Videos but there is nothing in 4k, I assume because Prime Video 4k shows are also not available in Canada?? Also, I was able to create an Activity with my Harmony, not so easy with a Fire Stick, and now I can at least ask Alexa to turn on (go to) my Fire Stick. :)

Another update for anyone interested, I can now watch Prime Video on the Amazon Stick purchased in the states, it must have taken some time for my membership to go through or something.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 07:11:16 pm by studlygoorite »

Laurel

Re: Amazon.ca Is A Joke Compared To Amazon.com
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 12:20:33 pm »
I hope that you forward your comments to coorporate headquarters in Seattle.  I totally agree with you about what you say, and about Amazon.ca in general.  The scamming price ranges for products on .ca are outrageous and I have written many times to ask "what the hell?"  E.G. A pair of shoes that you might buy on .com for $75 will be shown on .ca ranging in price for $150 to $500 depending on the seller!  When I complain, I get varying answers from "I'm sorry. We will take those unreputable sellers off .ca and thank you for pointing this out." To the most common response, "Well there is a difference in Canadian and American currency, and that is reflected in what you see in price range."   I don't even bother with .ca anymore and I live in Vancouver, BC.

Alexa in Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 02:16:40 pm »
We all agree with you. That is how this whole section of feedback and support got set up in the first place. Complaining about it , does not seem to have any effect. Amazon, still has not acknowledged that geo-fencing only works in some cases but they have a global customer base. Especially Canadians that can operate technology on both sides of the boarder.

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 06:57:10 am »
LOL you made me laugh, OP. I honestly don't know why you Canadians even bother with Alexa. It's been years of posts like this and Amazon doesn't give a shit. I will just buy Google ai to be.honest. oh ya I won't I will just use Google assistant on my phone.

But seriously. Google doesn't have this ridiculous restrictions does it?

I.also can't believe the scam thread I read earlier. What in the actual F. Wow.