Echo & Alexa Forums

People are reporting Alexa laughing at random

mike27oct

Re: People are reporting Alexa laughing at random
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 03:37:47 pm »
This event is not over yet. 
Wait until Amazon admits that millions of account owners info has been stolen by hackers who mocked Amazon with the insidious HA HA HA intrusion.

I continue to be angry that Amazon makes me give my credit card number rather than use my PayPal account.  I removed my CC from Newegg after my CC account was used to buy something at another LA business the same day I bought an item from Newegg.  I only pay with PayPal when I can.

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2018, 07:56:30 pm »
  The fix by Amazon sounds more like a cover up than a real fix. How does this prevent the random pop ups of the laughter occurring.  This laugh is not a tee-hee spoken by Alexa.
Agreed! I don't see how that fixes the reported whistling or speaking out of the blue with out being asked and nothing appearing in the history to suggest it was a response to a request.  ::)

mike27oct

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 11:16:46 pm »
 Yep, as Yogi said, "It ain't over until it's over!"

Amazon is likely scrambling to find source of intrusion and any other damage done.  Meanwhile, their limp reply is only a placebo.

bevhoward

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 01:26:13 pm »
fwiw, something is still going on.

Alexa started talking for a few seconds this morning.

Later, I asked "Alexa, Play last sound"

Alexa answered "I can't play what was said on 'Tune In Live'"

We have never subscribed to Tune In Live.

Alexa history does not show anything after the last request we made prior to the uncommanded phrase we heard.

This seems to be a bug, probably due to the high loads that are straining the system.

Beverly Howard

bevhoward

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 03:59:02 pm »
Just happened again... same response of "I can't play the last _song_ on Tune In Live.

Beverly Howard

mike27oct

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 04:29:34 pm »
Speaking when not spoken to is a bad habit of Alexa sometimes.  Whenever Alexa acts up in any way, just reboot it by unplugging device for five minutes and then restart.  Fixes lot of problem on lots of devices!