Echo & Alexa Forums

Spot bug

AlanH

Re: Spot bug
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 01:22:34 pm »
Good to hear they’re working on the issue. Thanks for the update.

Pagemakers

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 01:08:28 pm »
Update from amazon

I have had an update from our technical team today. They has stated they have now located the root of the issue and are currently working on software updates that will solve the problems you have been experiencing.

These updates will be automatically applied to your device within the coming days and I have asked that if they will take any longer, that I be told so I can in turn inform you.

Once again, thank you for your continued understanding and patience throughout this. It has been a much more in dept fix than we had originally expected and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

AlanH

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 01:16:09 pm »
Thanks for the update - good to see that Amazon have acknowledged the issue and are working to fix it.

Pagemakers

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 08:13:15 am »
Looks like the Spot's software has updated to 601481220. Does that fix the problem? I'm away so can't test.

AlanH

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2018, 09:00:15 am »
Software update seems to have improved the volume issue. Sky News is now a video bulletin and the audio level is slightly down compared to Alexa’s voice level, but only slightly.

Pagemakers

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2018, 09:27:21 am »
Ok. Thanks. I’m home late tonight so I can test then.

Pagemakers

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2018, 08:31:29 pm »
Just tested mine and it not fixed at all. No better.

So disappointed.

Pagemakers

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2018, 12:07:09 pm »
Amazon called me today. The fix hasn't been released yet.

Nezmo

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 01:23:55 pm »
I searched high and low on Uncle Google about this issue and finally found it reported here.

I find the issue particularly bad when using the Spot for calls.

Hoping for a fix soon.

Pagemakers

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 02:39:03 pm »
It should be sorted soon. I’m having regular correspondence from Amazon. They acknowledge the bug and say the fix will be released shortly.

Nezmo

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 03:02:50 pm »
It should be sorted soon. I’m having regular correspondence from Amazon. They acknowledge the bug and say the fix will be released shortly.
Any new info?

Pagemakers

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 03:05:51 pm »
Nope. I’m in contact with them a couple of times a week. They say they know there is a bug and they are waiting for the fix date. To be honest, I’m very un-impressed at how hard this simple thing has been to get sorted.

Because I have my spot next to my bed on volume 2 I find this bug really annoying.

Nezmo

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2018, 03:47:27 pm »
...To be honest, I’m very un-impressed at how hard this simple thing has been to get sorted.

Because I have my spot next to my bed on volume 2 I find this bug really annoying.
Agreed.  Thanks for the reply.

Nezmo

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2018, 11:24:08 am »
Getting a little frustrated with this now.  It's a fundamental flaw and it amazes me Amazon have not gotten a fix out yet.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 11:27:56 am by Nezmo »

Pagemakers

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2018, 11:37:45 am »
Couldn’t agree with you more. Is a MASSIVE bug. The problem is Amazon is just too big to be able to deal with one person constantly. Each time I get passed to the next person who knows nothing about what I’m talking about. I’ve probably had 60-70 communications with Amazon about this.

For the love of god all they need to do is take a brand new unit out of the box and try it!!!

Where in the world are you just so we can establish it’s not just a U.K. firmware issue.