Echo (Alexa) User Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

change to hey google

change to hey google
« on: January 30, 2018, 06:28:09 pm »
nothing official, but it look like you may be able to change google to a custom name soon.  that would be good for those who own gh

recently conducted a breakdown of the Google app (version 7.20), and while doing so, discovered a string of code suggesting that users will soon be able to replace the "Ok, Google" and "Hey, Google"prompts with whatever you choose.

https://www.androidcentral.com/google-assistant-may-soon-get-customizable-hot-words

Re: change to hey google
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 02:09:04 am »
Good news for Alexa owners, too.  Too many of my Dots respond to Hey or OK Google.  Go figure!

Re: change to hey google
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 04:42:55 pm »
Good news for Alexa owners, too.  Too many of my Dots respond to Hey or OK Google.  Go figure!
Whaaaat? LOL   Sometimes I say "hey google, er, Alexa" and Google will reply with "I'm flattered but that's not my name" I'm thinking Niles and Athena.  Personally I don't see the big deal with the Hey/OK Google.  At least Hey/OK Google will still work even if  you've renamed them.  Provided any of this actually happens.  I'M JUST WAITING ON TEXTING!