Echo & Alexa Forums

Support for calendars on phone?

Dallas

Support for calendars on phone?
« on: January 29, 2018, 02:50:18 pm »
Why can't Alexa simply use the calendar on my phone? If I want to use the features of Alexa I'm going to have to sync Outlook over to Google  (yet another app). I don't use outlook.com. As it is I use Akruto to sync my phone calendar with Outlook on my PC. Other apps can seamlessly read my calendar on my phone - even Any.do. When will Alexa support this?

dragon123

Re: Support for calendars on phone?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 06:06:54 pm »
Why can't Alexa simply use the calendar on my phone? If I want to use the features of Alexa I'm going to have to sync Outlook over to Google  (yet another app). I don't use outlook.com. As it is I use Akruto to sync my phone calendar with Outlook on my PC. Other apps can seamlessly read my calendar on my phone - even Any.do. When will Alexa support this?

If "the calendar on your phone" is either gmail, gsuite, exchange, icloud, office365 or outlook.com, it can.

Dallas

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 07:16:22 pm »
Alexa support thank you for your response. I understand the supported formats for the calendar. My question is are you logging into the individual servers - i.e. gmail, outlook.com or do you get calendar information directly off the phone? Thanks.

dragon123

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 04:45:59 am »
Alexa support thank you for your response. I understand the supported formats for the calendar. My question is are you logging into the individual servers - i.e. gmail, outlook.com or do you get calendar information directly off the phone? Thanks.

I'm not support, just a user  ;D

But no, it won't 'talk' directly with your phone like that. Everything is through account, the internet, the cloud etc.

Dallas

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 10:49:13 am »
Bummer. Thanks.

Dallas

Re: Support for calendars on phone? Resolved Mastermind App
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 04:23:39 pm »
Mastermind will read the calendar off your phone and can process your text messages too without having to be an Alexa to Alexa user and it doesn't require an online calendar!! Great!