Echo & Alexa Forums

Bluetooth Connection problem with Echo Gen 1

JohnRob

Bluetooth Connection problem with Echo Gen 1
« on: January 21, 2018, 08:53:17 pm »
Hi,
I can not pair my TP-Link HA-100 bluetooth to RCA adapter with a Echo Gen1. :(
I followed the on line steps but could not find the "Bluetooth" option under settings in the Alexa app.  We were using a newer Iphone.  The Alexa app was connected to the Echo and was likely paired with the echo.

Now the HA-100 was from a different house where it paired to a 2nd Gen Echo with no issues.  The Bluetooth option under settings was right there (on a older Android).

Has anyone run across a similar situation?

mike27oct

Re: Bluetooth Connection problem with Echo Gen 1
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 09:25:42 pm »
Maybe it is still paired to previous device and you need to reset device to defaults and re-pair.  The TO link website may give a clue

JohnRob

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 11:43:14 am »
@mike27oct,

Thanks for the suggestion,  however the TP-Link website stated the HA100 could be paired for two devices but only play music through one.

The original paired device was 20 miles away and the HA100's front light indicate it was waiting to be paired.

What I found confounding was that the iPhone / Alexa App / settings  did not have any "Bluetooth" option.  What I mean is that the word "Bluetooth" did not appear in the settings screen of any of the many other setting I looked through!

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 12:40:39 pm »
Until you report back that you did reset to defaults it is hard to figure out the problem.other than "spooky action at a distance".

JohnRob

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 11:30:50 am »
@mike27oct

Am I correct in my understanding that the item to be reset is the Echo?

The Bluetooth - RCA unit (TP-Link HA100)  seems to have no reset function.  In addition, the TP-Link device was in the pairing mode (based on the front LED color).

I will not be near the problem device for some weeks so I will not be able to add any additional results to this thread for a while.   Please don't interpret the lack of response as lack of interest.  Thanks  JohnRob

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 02:59:36 pm »
No, I am referring ro the HA100.  Just as the TP smart plugs have a way to clear the info stored and they can be reset to an "out of the box new" condition, the HA100 must have this capability, too.  Yhis is the reset to defaults I refer too.  You need a "clean slate" again.  Don't reset the Echo; your issue is with the HA100.  Unplugging the Echo for a few minutes does not restore defaults, but it does clear out some issues, so doing that is OK to do. 

JohnRob

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 09:25:07 pm »
Thanks,

I will inquire with TP-Link Support.

JohnRob

JohnRob

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 12:22:18 am »
I talked to TP-link support regarding a method of resetting the HA100.   The informed me there is no reset function and my device should pair with any other Bluetooth device as long as the initial device is not connected.