Echo & Alexa Forums

Playing music form my Note 8 I downloaded

traveler582

Playing music form my Note 8 I downloaded
« on: January 20, 2018, 09:31:16 pm »
I can't seem to get Alexa to play MY music I downloaded.
I'm not talking about Pandora, iHeart, or any other than my iTunes whichI downloaded onto my phone (Samsung Note 8).
Any suggestions??
Thanks!

Offline jwlv

Re: Playing music form my Note 8 I downloaded
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 09:56:09 pm »
Connect your Samsung to the echo via Bluetooth and then press play on your phone.

traveler582

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 10:49:35 pm »
Great, Thanks!!!
I got the Echo to play music, now I want to connect my Echo Dot, the problem is the Alexa app isn't pairing with it, it keeps searching.
I have paired/connected the Echo Dot to my wifi. And when I go to my mobile Settings/Connections/Bluetooth, Echo Dot shows up but can't connect...says it wasn't paired.
:(

dragon123

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 02:38:05 pm »
Great, Thanks!!!
I got the Echo to play music, now I want to connect my Echo Dot, the problem is the Alexa app isn't pairing with it, it keeps searching.
I have paired/connected the Echo Dot to my wifi. And when I go to my mobile Settings/Connections/Bluetooth, Echo Dot shows up but can't connect...says it wasn't paired.
:(

'm not sure I follow. Can you connect to the wifi your echo is broadcasting or not?

traveler582

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 09:07:53 pm »
My Echo and Echo Dot show as 'online', connected to my wifi.
I turn on Bluetooth on my phone and then go to 'bluetooth' and 'pair a new device' in the Alexa app, but it just keeps searching.
I'm only trying to connect the one device at a time.
It just keeps searching