Echo & Alexa Forums

Can't access Google Calendar (new setup)

Kiawah

Can't access Google Calendar (new setup)
« on: January 18, 2018, 05:13:39 pm »
I cannot get Alexa to access my google calendar.   It says "I dont see a calendar setup".

I have gone thru the setup process (settings/calend) a couple times on my Iphone Alexa appl.  It defaults/selects my google calendar, I give it the password, it finishes and shows Done. On the screen that has Google/Microsoft/Apple/Exchange, it shows as having 1 Google calendar linked.

I'm baffled, and all searching I've done lead me back to the same process that I've performed at least 5 times.  Each time it 'looks' like the add access to google calendar works successfully, but for whatever reason Alexa never recognizes that there is a calendar attacher to her.

Any ideas I can try?   Thanks in advance.

Kiawah

Re: Can't access Google Calendar (new setup)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 12:45:33 pm »
Finally solved the problem, figured I'd update problem in case someone has same issue.

What I noticed, is that the Amazon account (my daughters) that the Alexa was initially set up referencing, had a google mail account different than what I want to use.  Even though that other email account was not listed on the calendar or contacts, it must have been somehow trying to connect to it.

I completedly reset Echo Plus with the paperclip.  I deleted my Alexa app, and downloaded a new one.  I set up a totally new Amazon account, using the email address that I use for calendar and contacts.  I then went thru the initialization and setup process.

I did run into a snag, where my phone number was linked to the other amazon account and I had to call Amazon echo help desk to unlink it.....so that I could then link it to this new account.  Everything is now working correctly, and I have access to calendar and contacts.