Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa Routines ==> trigger word

MY

Alexa Routines ==> trigger word
« on: January 12, 2018, 03:10:07 pm »
This is a minor issue but... I'm trying to set up a routine that is started when I say "Alexa, good morning". ("Good morning" is even one of the examples provided for "When I say..." in setting up a routine.). The problem is that saying "Good morning" already triggers Alexa to give you some fact of the day/joke response. I want to over-ride the pre-set response to "good morning" so that it will start off my routine instead. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this?

(Of course I know I can just use another trigger word instead. It's just bothering me not to be able to set this up the way I choose!)

StevenR

Re: Alexa Routines ==> trigger word
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 06:36:30 pm »
Yes, if you create a routine with the phrase “Good Morning” it will override the built in response. It can take a short time for the routine to start working, so if you try immediately after setting it up you may still get the default response, but give it a minute or two and it should work.
Incidentally, if you want to create a routine which overrides the “Good Night” response you may need to use “Goodnight” as the phrase instead of “Good Night” as I did.