Echo & Alexa Forums

I really like this product!

ALLEN

I really like this product!
« on: January 04, 2018, 09:49:22 am »
In the living room I have two table lamps, two floor lamps (one on each side of the TV) and the light strip behind the TV (all color).  The ceiling light in the hall (white).  Lamps on each side of the bed (white). Light strips above and below the kitchen cabinets (color).  Three outside lights (front, side and back porch) (white).  I have purchased (2) 3-way wall switches (Alexa compatible) to be able to turn on/off my pole barn lights which is 100' away from the house (waiting on the electrician to install).  It all works perfectly as single or grouped.  My wife thought I was crazy at first but has now come around.  Watching TV with the Floor Lamps and TV strip set to blue is awesome.  I told my wife if she comes home and everything is red ........................ ha ha.  Anyway, thanks for reading. 

asianrocker

Re: I really like this product!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:59:14 am »
It's more awesome if your color lights syncs to the background color of your TV/PC. I plan to do it. Hue is releasing it I read. Hopefully it's free coz there are free apps for that. I hope hue does not get greedy and charge for that sync color lights to tv app.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:43:18 am by asianrocker »

asianrocker

Re: I really like this product!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 03:27:41 pm »
Well well 5 months later maybe lesser since I only remember to check it today. and hue sync is available for free.

There's also mimic also available on hue labs site. This one you can use on live TV but it doesn't sync to color background of tv. It basically just does a color loop.

Hue sync would be perfect if all color are bright. Most colors are too faint you can barely see it.

I tested it on a youtube  music video and it sync perfectly. Can't wait to try it tonight for full effect.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 03:29:45 pm by asianrocker »