Echo & Alexa Forums

musical alarms

musical alarms
« on: December 11, 2017, 05:39:44 pm »
look like you can now wake up to music.  all I can say is, bout time!

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/11/amazons-alexa-can-now-wake-you-up-with-music/

Alpha Bitch

Re: musical alarms
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 06:02:54 pm »
I do not see that option in my browser Alexa app alarm settings.  >:(

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 06:07:36 pm »
I do not see that option in my browser Alexa app alarm settings.  >:(

might not be updated yet.  it was just announced today. 

try the following

To set a music alarm, simply say “Alexa, set an alarm with [music choice] at [time].” Another acceptable command is “Alexa, wake me up at [time] to [music choice].” If you want the alarm to automatically repeat, you can add “…everyday” or “…every [day of the week]” to the end of either command.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 11:11:33 am »
@renegade600

Thank you

asianrocker

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 11:11:59 am »
I was gonna make a new thread about this. Learned it today playing with my alexa app. Good thing I searched. I actually searched coz I want to put this on the old threads wanting music alarm feature to see how long it took for amazon devs to do it.

I only listen to tunein - 80s music. And all I hear when I set up alarm is - I cant play by genre on tunein. Really? Finally found a work around though. What a pain.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 12:26:11 pm »
@asianrocker
Care to share your workaround?
I found if I said set alarm with tune in (at time) set an alarm which used the last station played with tune in.
However that also may be that it is in my tune in favorites. ::)

kayut

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 12:27:12 pm »
Unfortunately this feature is not available in the UK yet.

malliekm

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 12:33:05 pm »
Maybe it's because I rarely set an alarm at night but this feature request is so far down on my list it doesn't even show up as a blip on the radar ;)  But, I'm glad for those of you who have been waiting for it!

Laurel

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 12:34:37 pm »
I am having trouble setting an alarm. I want to set mine to 8 AM Tune IN CKNW 980.  I got it set once practicing and cannot repeat it again.  Any help out there.  I wish I could enter it by writing it out.  I think Alexa is getting an angry voice as I have tried it so many times lol.

asianrocker

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 12:39:57 pm »
@asianrocker
Care to share your workaround?
I found if I said set alarm with tune in (at time) set an alarm which used the last station played with tune in.
However that also may be that it is in my tune in favorites. ::)

Well I want it to wake me up with 80s hits on tune in. I found it accidentally when I played BBC last on tune in and I said - wake me up to my favorite station. It played BBC. The only station on my fave list is 80s hits. So I played 80s hits. Stopped it, then use same command, it played 80s hits. LOL.

So are you saying you just used - wake me up to tune in. And it played the last tune in station you listen to? Coz my work around is basically the same. Ok, just tried that command. Yap, played the last tune in station you listen to. So either works.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:42:59 pm by asianrocker »

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 12:44:28 pm »
So are you saying you just used - wake me up to tune in. And it played the last tune in station you listen to? Coz my work around is basically the same.
Yep. I have two stations in my favorites but it set to the last one I listened to.
I haven't tried with a station not in my favorites.