Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

TuneIn save favorite option has disappeared

opsman0001

TuneIn save favorite option has disappeared
« on: December 11, 2017, 11:29:23 am »
We have 3 dots, 2 echo's and a show and listen to music "everywhere" daily. Up until recently I was able to save stations from TuneIn to the Alexa app as a favorite. I don't seem to find the option any longer either using the phone app nor the computer browser. Has something changed? It used to be in the upper right corner when viewing the now playing (player) feature. The little equalizer meter in the bottom right corner has stopped "dancing" up and down as well (android app).

Any assistance or insight is appreciated.

AlanH

Re: TuneIn save favorite option has disappeared
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 01:45:49 pm »
In iOS it’s under the Queue display in the Now Playing screen (the little graphic equaliser). Tap the arrow alongside the current station and an option to Favourite Station appears. Different in Android?

opsman0001

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 02:03:01 pm »
Same for Android. But it has disappeared. Phone reboot, device reboot. All the same network. I did add a new 2nd gen echo in the last couple of days - may need to disconnect and test. Everything worked perfect with 2 dots, 1st gen echo and show.

Thanks for the reply.

In iOS it’s under the Queue display in the Now Playing screen (the little graphic equaliser). Tap the arrow alongside the current station and an option to Favourite Station appears. Different in Android?

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 02:17:06 pm »
It is still here in my android app (only DOTs in my setup)

AlanH

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 02:20:45 pm »
Under ‘Music & Books’, does TuneIn still appear as a music source?

Laurel

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 03:25:55 pm »

Thanks Alan.  You taught me something new. I have android Note 8 and it works just as you said.

opsman0001

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 03:38:52 pm »
Under ‘Music & Books’, does TuneIn still appear as a music source?

It does. Adding the 2nd gen echo is the newest change to the system and will remove it when I get home and test.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 04:14:30 pm »
"I don't seem to find the option any longer either using the phone app nor the computer browser."
Go to Home & select TuneIn. 

Search for the station. It should switch to that and start playing.   You'll see the "play bar" at the bottom of the screen, below the list of search results.  Tap on the TuneIn or Station icon.  (Some stations have their own icon.)

Now the station play bar will fill the bottom of the app. 

On the right side, you'll see "Queue" and "History" and the name of the current song underneath.

To the right of the song that's playing will be a little gray down arrow that is hard to see.  Tap on that.  When you do, you should see the option "Favorite Station" in gray.  Tap on that.  It should turn red.

Now, go to the Home Screen and tap on TuneIn again.  Scroll the right side of the app where it says Browse, Local radio, Trending, etc, to see the bottom of the list.

Under Favorites, you should see your station and you can play them from there. 

opsman0001

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 08:52:36 am »
Thank you for the reply AB. I apologize if I left anyone with the impression that I don't know how to save. That is not the case at all as I have saved quite a few stations up until a few days ago.

The problem is that the playing station does not show up in the queue, now playing or anywhere else. It does show in history - that is all. The dancing equalizer meter at the bottom has stopped as well. If I change a device, it(the meter) will depict that music is playing for about 1/2 second and then stop even though the music is still playing. Same network with only 1 device plugged in. It does not show in my Firefox browser (https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#cards) either although I can't say 100% that it was there before because most everything is done through the android app.

I'm pretty tech savvy, network administrator background and have been building PC's since the mid 80's but this one has me stumped. Maybe I'll uninstall/reinstall the app and see if that helps.

Thanks again!

Edit - This is from my browser with WWOZ playing right now. Normally I would see the station at least.

"I don't seem to find the option any longer either using the phone app nor the computer browser."
Go to Home & select TuneIn. 

Search for the station. It should switch to that and start playing.   You'll see the "play bar" at the bottom of the screen, below the list of search results.  Tap on the TuneIn or Station icon.  (Some stations have their own icon.)

Now the station play bar will fill the bottom of the app. 

On the right side, you'll see "Queue" and "History" and the name of the current song underneath.

To the right of the song that's playing will be a little gray down arrow that is hard to see.  Tap on that.  When you do, you should see the option "Favorite Station" in gray.  Tap on that.  It should turn red.

Now, go to the Home Screen and tap on TuneIn again.  Scroll the right side of the app where it says Browse, Local radio, Trending, etc, to see the bottom of the list.

Under Favorites, you should see your station and you can play them from there. 

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:10:54 am by opsman0001 »