Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

iOS App

bvanee1

iOS App
« on: December 03, 2017, 05:23:26 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has a solution to the terrible app Amazon has left us with...For multi-room this app is about useless.  I wish I had independent Volume Control over each speaker, maybe even some preset volume settings since the unit can only be included in one group, why not?  As far as I can tell I can't control the groups volume from the app at all, if I select a single unit and then wait for the song to change, it populates and I can control that speaker's volume.  Anyone have a solution or know if there is another app or one in development what will be better?

mike27oct

Re: iOS App
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 02:02:48 am »
You complaints are coming from someone who just got this thing recently, likely hasn't read any of Amazon's online Help or maybe not even read the enclosed quick guide.  There is separate volume control for each device you have and you can set them on the unit and/or even from within the app individually.  Amazon tells you how this is done.

Asti

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:08:04 am »
I agree with Mike. A bunch of people I work with have Alexa devices at home, and smart switches, and we all sit there and screw with the person at home. Phone roulette; a different phone every day.

There are things it would be nice if the App did, but in the over all it's one of the better apps out there. And no, you can't control an Alexa device with any app but the Amazon App. Doing so would also put a risk on your account info, cuz you know, the whole "Login" part.

asianrocker

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 06:17:04 am »
Maybe  it's early in the am and I can't sleep that's why I am up in this forum but I am pretty sure I am not the only 1 lost on the last post, surely?

I have no idea what you are talking about or if it even relates to the topic, Asti, LOL.

SixFootSteve

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 05:17:17 pm »
Agree with the OP and AsianR....

I want to control the sound in real-time from the IOS app for each speaker, especially whilst each unit can only be in one group,  I may want to mute one room in the Everywhere Group, or if one of the kids are not responding to their early morning alarm call, boost the music until they do....

if we had true "Groups" so I can have a units in either  Upstairs or  Downstairs or both for Everywhere then the app just about manages.