Echo & Alexa Forums

UK dimmer module for grid style faceplates

swinster

UK dimmer module for grid style faceplates
« on: November 26, 2017, 08:52:01 pm »
Hi,

I have tried a number of different dimming technologies over the years and nothing is really what I want. Now I have an Echo and Alexa, I would like to control the lighting a bit better. Most of the face-plates are grid stile with either switch or dimmer modules, but I would like to replace these with with smart devices. Unfortunately, it seems like the UK is way behind in this area.

The Lightwave RF stuff look interesting, but only seem to come as a standard faceplate. The Fibaro dimmer module seem OK, however, I have a large 6 gang back box (https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK0893.html) with 5 circuits within it, and fitting 5 of these within this is goign to be a squeeze, especially as these are two-way system (so another one of these on the other side of the room).

I could fit something at the light unit side, although two of these circuits connect to pendant lights with a stainless steel rose connectors, so not great for wireless technology if I put it inside, although it might work. However, I have only really seen relays, not dimmers.

Lastly, the circuits are all on dimmable LEDs. My current manual dimmers flicker badly, even though they are supposed to be designed for dimmable LEDs. 

Any pointers for the UK would be welcome.