Echo & Alexa Forums

Is the new Echo 2 deaf ?

mikee123

Is the new Echo 2 deaf ?
« on: November 24, 2017, 08:31:20 am »
I have a dot, a old Echo and just bought a Echo 2, which is now in my living room replacing the old Echo. Since then, I have to shout to wake her up. To the point, my dot in the kitchen wakes up, and my Echo 2 which is less than 2 meters away doesn't... I am getting really annoyed and am thinking of sending it back and buying another old Echo instead... Also I read that the Echo 2 is better at understanding. Not in my house. More words are now misinterpreted, and a lot of times Alexa wakes up, I say my command, and it bleeps and goes dark and I have to wake her up again.
Very frustrated.

mike27oct

Re: Is the new Echo 2 deaf ?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 01:48:11 pm »
Turn the volume down, and it may take time for new Echo to complete voice training.

mikee123

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 08:31:52 am »
I thought all the voice training (via the app and editing the web history of alexa commands) would have gone onto the new Alexa too ?
What does turning the volume down do to improve her hearing/understanding ? Just out of interest but will give it a try anyway

kayut

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 01:28:49 pm »
mikee123, I have exactly the same problem with Echo 2.

mikee123

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 08:34:44 am »
2 months later, the problems are still there. by now, voice training should have been completed, especially with daily use...