Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

echo show and youtube

echo show and youtube
« on: November 22, 2017, 08:32:24 pm »
I was just reading that youtube is back on the echo show.  however, they are saying it is now with bing and has a lot more ads.  How bad are the ads?  I was thinking about getting the show but if the ads are too bad, it would not be worth it. 

Beetle-Snake

Re: echo show and youtube
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 11:23:29 am »
I believe it is exactly like a version you would find on your tablet or PC so adverts will play at the start of some videos and you can sometimes skip or they will play for 30 seconds

Laurel

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 11:35:22 am »
Youtube seems similar to me now.

marcel_911

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 10:50:57 pm »
Is this just in the US as it's not working here in the UK. I'm still getting the message about google not currently supporting youtube on echo show.

danu

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 07:48:23 am »
I just set mine up yesteday (UK customer), installed all the firmware updates and youtube isn't available.  I wish I hadn't installed all the updates now!
I spent ages on the phone getting through to Amazon Echo Support and explained the sutuation.  I explained it was available, then got removed, then got re-instated (but perhaps only in the US so far?).  Their official line to me was that YouTube isn't available - this is what they've been told to say.  They knew nothing about it being re-instated or the fact that it seems to be available again in the US but not the UK. Also there is no way to roll back to the previous firmware.

Their solution:  If you wanted it for yotube and it's not working you could try to return it!

Great.