Echo & Alexa Forums

Mult. devices

Joer115

Mult. devices
« on: November 20, 2017, 03:31:20 pm »
We have two amazon echo's in our house.  We signed up for the amazon music plan but if one person is listening to music in one room and another room someone wants to listen to music it shuts down the second one trying to play music since both are trying to stream from amazon music I'm assuming.  I was reading you need to create a group but didn't seem to work is there a different plan I need for music to play both at the same time.  Don't mean it has to be the same say one is playing rock music and the other is playing dance music.  Curious if I'm missing something thanks for any info.

Jeff29

Re: Mult. devices
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 01:37:02 am »
Hi!

If this is your 1st time using a forum please note most forums have a sticky stating "search before asking" (this forum does not, that I have seen).  It's still considered "expected."

Your question is answered both with regards to the "shut down" problem you mentioned as well as how to set up groups for streaming multi-device playback of audio.  Just scroll down and read or use the search.

malliekm

Re: Mult. devices
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:13:41 am »
We have two amazon echo's in our house.  We signed up for the amazon music plan but if one person is listening to music in one room and another room someone wants to listen to music it shuts down the second one trying to play music since both are trying to stream from amazon music I'm assuming.  I was reading you need to create a group but didn't seem to work is there a different plan I need for music to play both at the same time.  Don't mean it has to be the same say one is playing rock music and the other is playing dance music.  Curious if I'm missing something thanks for any info.

Creating a group won't help the situation of playing different music on two devices at the same time.  Groups are created so you can play the SAME song(s) thru out the house at the same time. 

For some reason playing different songs at the same time on multiple devices vary from user to user and I can't explain why.  I have Amazon Prime Music (not Unlimited and no family plan).  Every time this subject comes up, I test it again and every time I'm able to play different songs on multiple Dots at the same time.  I used to have 3 Dots and could play 3 different songs at the same time.  They were/are all registered under the same account.  And maybe Amazon has caught on to my ability to play multiple songs at the same time and has shut it down...I don't know.  I haven't tried it in about 3 months.  Read up on the Family Plan on Amazon.  That's probably what you'll have to subscribe to.