Echo & Alexa Forums

Is there a human somewhere reviewing requests of Alexa?

DouglasPHill

Is there a human somewhere reviewing requests of Alexa?
« on: November 20, 2017, 09:19:26 am »
Is there a human somewhere reviewing requests of Alexa when she doesn't know how to respond?  When I ask her "Ginger or Mary Ann?" or "Kirk or Picard" and many other such nonsense, I would like to think over time she would be programmed for an answer.

Also, would love to be able to enable smart alec Alexa

malliekm

Re: Is there a human somewhere reviewing requests of Alexa?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 10:13:49 am »
Just Google "how do I leave feedback for Alexa?"
On the Google Home, you simply say "hey Google, leave feedback..." :)

marcel_911

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 05:27:21 pm »
Is there a human somewhere reviewing requests of Alexa when she doesn't know how to respond?  When I ask her "Ginger or Mary Ann?" or "Kirk or Picard" and many other such nonsense, I would like to think over time she would be programmed for an answer.

You can view the history of your requests through the Alexa app. (MENU->Settings->History)
Tap on the request of interest and it will show you the response.
Under that it asks "Did Alexa do what you wanted?"  then YES & NO.

Just tap NO. I'm sure when Amazon receive enough NOs for the same request then it will finally get through to a human to review.

You can also click the Play icon next to the request and hear the actual audio of you speaking to Alexa. This is handy as what Alexa thought you said might not be what you actually said.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 05:49:45 pm »

Nope, I think it would be an impossible job with the millions of questions alex is asked daily.   I would bet there is software running that is watching what users are interested in through the questions.