Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Installing 2nd Echo with Alexa App not Going Well

jborchel

Installing 2nd Echo with Alexa App not Going Well
« on: November 16, 2017, 04:23:45 pm »
I bought and installed an Echo a few nights ago. The install with Alexa went well. Right now I only use it for Pandora music and internet radio station listening. It worked so well in the kitchen I went out this morning and bought one for the Master Bath. However, this install is not going well. It has not asked me to connect to my wi-fi but has asked me to turn on a number of settings like camera, contacts, etc.

I suspect that the app is connecting to my first Echo and doesn't realize that I am trying to install another Echo. If this is the answer? I disconnected the first Echo, powered up the second until it said Hello, go to your Alexa app. The app takes me back to screen I saw before which is trying to get me to change my settings. When I go to Home it lists all the stations and Pandora that I have used on the first Echo. Meanwhile the 2nd Echo will not respond to any voice commands to address those stations. It doesn't respond to anything.

What should I do? I'm sure it is something simple.

jborchel

Re: Installing 2nd Echo with Alexa App not Going Well
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 04:36:34 pm »
Added comment: I have read the first topic in this section and as far as I can tell I do not have a Wi-Fi assist turned on.

Offline jwlv

Re: Installing 2nd Echo with Alexa App not Going Well
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 08:01:57 pm »
In the Alexa app, click Settings. Then scroll down (past the first page) and you should see a big blue button that says "SET UP A NEW DEVICE" Click that and the rest is the same as before.