Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon unlimited family music - multiple users multiple echos

Kalozo

Amazon unlimited family music - multiple users multiple echos
« on: November 08, 2017, 05:14:54 pm »
Hi,

I hope someone can help - I have just spent an hour on Amazon chat and got nowhere with this...

I have four family members. I have Amazon unlimited family music. I have 3 echos.

I would like any family member to be able to play their playlists on any of the echos. So for example, my daughter could play a playlist in her bedroom. She could then come downstairs and continue to listen in the lounge.

Is this possible? If so, please could someone tell me how to set it up?

Thanks...

Jeff29

Re: Amazon unlimited family music - multiple users multiple echos
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 12:53:21 pm »
I think a little more detail and clarification for your issues and scenarios may be required.

Are you saying your daughter can create a playlist that will work on one device but not on another?

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 08:26:47 am »
They have this multi feature  active already right? What did the rep told you? It's amazing how they got paid when they really don't solve anything apart from making returns/refund really.

malliekm

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 11:50:06 am »
All on one Amazon account?  I would think any playlist could be played on any device with the Unlimited Family plan.
Does Amazon still restrict you to one device for Unlimited (non family plan)?

Jeff29

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 03:46:14 pm »
I'm no expert on the Unlimited offerings.

In response to your question I am on an Unlimited free trial and it only allows one device.  When a request is made to another device the request has the option to usurp the stream regardless of who is listening to the current stream--meaning there's no authorization scheme.  If there's a way for a "primary" user to protect the stream I haven't found it.

Yorga

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 08:42:32 am »
.....and continue to listen in the lounge.

Is this possible? If so, please could someone tell me how to set it up?

Hi there, as written no this is not possible. The Echoes are all function discretely without any awareness of what is playing elsewhere, you have to ask for the playlist again and it will just start from the beginning.