Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa hears herself speak on Bluetooth

Dramey

Alexa hears herself speak on Bluetooth
« on: November 08, 2017, 02:28:54 pm »
Loving my dot so far, but I’m having an annoying problem. When I connect it to my receiver(Denon AVR-S730H) via Bluetooth, Alexa can hear herself speak. This isn’t all that noticeable when playing music, but when playing a game like Jeopardy where she is always on and listening it becomes unusable. Using the Jeopardy example, she will ask a question and then assume the question she just asked is the answer I am trying to give. I pretty much have to turn off Bluetooth on my receiver to break out of it.

Is this common with all Bluetooth devices or did I just get “lucky”?

asianrocker

Re: Alexa hears herself speak on Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 09:08:44 am »
I would try to set the volume of the dot to 0. I actually don't know if it will  affect the volume of  your BT device though. That's strange. Also maybe turn off the echo on your speaker?

Nvm, I just tried on mine and it does affect the volume, oopsies. On 2nd thought, we don't have same settings so I guess you can try it I mean, what you have to lose.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:28:51 am by asianrocker »

StevenR

Re: Alexa hears herself speak on Bluetooth
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 10:59:32 am »
I think Amazon recommend having the Bluetooth speaker some distance away from the echo. I think it's partly due to WiFi interference but also due to this issue.