Echo & Alexa Forums

Target Black Friday Sales for Echo and GH Products

malliekm

Re: Target Black Friday Sales for Echo and GH Products
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 11:46:34 pm »
According to this Verge article about Target's BF, if an item is NOT a door-buster, it can usually be purchased on line and picked up at the store.  And according to the list in this article, the Mini and the GH are not door-busters.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/6/16612032/black-friday-target-2017-deals-online-ad-sale
"Target lets you buy online for in-store pickup for most items — except doorbuster deals, of course."
Google Home Mini for $29, includes $10 Target gift card (usually $49)
Google Home for $79 (usually $129)
***Notice the door-buster notation after the Echo Dot
Amazon Echo Dot for $29.99 (usually $49.99; doorbuster deal)
Amazon Echo (second generation) for $79.99 (usually $99.99; doorbuster deal)
So, if you were looking to purchase a GH product, you might be able to buy it on line and pick it up at the store.

Jerome

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 11:00:48 am »
Thanks for the info.
Too bad for the Amazon door-buster devices.
My brother doesn't fill like queueing for hours to get my stuff :P
After all, Amazon.com might offer the same deals soon. If so, I will order online.

DroMike

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 06:56:38 pm »
Unfortunately those are "Doorbuster" deals which means to obtain say, an $80 Echo 2 you'd have to get up at 4am, drive to your local Target, wait in a line in the cold for a few hours with the rest of the ravenous rabble, then, when the doors finally do open you "bust in" and fight with 450 people for the ten Echo 2s they actually HAVE at that price.  Things can get real nasty, real fast (and heck, in Oakland near me people will shoot you over a few bucks).  I'm thinking saving yourself all the drama by paying the extra $20 via a few mouse clicks from the comfort of your home is unquestionably the wiser decision.  But of course there's all that holiday SPIRIT out there -- if that's your preference, enjoy!

Jerome

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 04:40:55 am »
@DroMike : thanks for the heads-up!

According to https://intl.target.com/c/target-black-friday/-/N-5q0f2 :
"Can I shop Black Friday deals at Target without leaving my couch?
Yup! Exclusive online-only deals will be available on Target.com and the Target mobile app.
Bonus: Free shipping on most orders and free same-day pick-up in store."

;D

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2017, 05:15:37 am »
most of the time, the discounts for alexa devices are the same for most stores. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2017, 07:13:45 am »
That's over-stating the obvious.
Can you buy online-only deals online?

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2017, 07:33:01 am »
Anybody looking for a good deal on a Tap Woot dot com has 'em for 54.99 right now, along with (if you search a little) Echo First gen for 74.99 Both are refurbs and good deals.
Here's a link to the Tap. https://electronics.woot.com/offers/amazon-tap-alexa-enabled-portable-bt-speaker-2?ref=w_cnt_gw_zlm_nd2_11
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 04:52:35 pm »

it may be online only for that store but other stores will have the same prices for some of those devices at their store.

DroMike

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 08:19:16 pm »
@DroMike : thanks for the heads-up!

My pleasure - glad to help.

malliekm

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2017, 09:36:12 pm »
Best Buy's BF ad just came out.  Same deal on GHs and Echos as Target.  I think I read you can order on line...not positive
https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/8/16622862/2017-best-buy-black-friday-deals-tv-amazon-echo-sonos

asianrocker

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 08:57:56 am »

it may be online only for that store but other stores will have the same prices for some of those devices at their store.

Yap best buy has the best price match and best price adjustment policy by far. I originally paid $149 for my echo, then saw they have it priced down to $129, so I went back and they gave me $20 back. THEN.... Amazon prime day sale happened. Went back again to bestbuy near me and they gave me back my money. So after owning echo for almost a month.. I paid a total of $79. Ya I got back $70 in a span of almost a month. I originally bought my echo in best buy of mall of america by the way, LOL.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 08:59:56 am by asianrocker »

malliekm

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 04:04:00 pm »
Walmart's BF ad just went live today.  A GH Mini for $4???
They are matching the $29 price like everyone else, but, if you buy
it via Google Express, you get a $25 WM gift card.  Same deal for
the original GH too.  $79 + a $25 WM gift card if purchase via Google Express
https://imgur.com/a/gkzre

asianrocker

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 10:28:26 pm »
I just was on best buy and for the first time I was able to hear a GH demo. Wow. And all their prices so far are regular. I was impressed with JBL speakers embedded with Google Assistant though damn they all sound good. Steep prices though. Not sure if you can do smart home with it though.

And wow another quality brand that is Google compatible is Sony. Amazon better watch out.

In general i still don't see the need for GH.

malliekm

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 11:20:13 pm »
I don't think the BF prices start until Thanksgiving.  Did you read that they're starting now?
Convenience factor.  Coolness factor.  You don't have to carry a phone in your hand 24/7 factor.
DH and I have spent the last 2 hours listening to GPM, requesting songs, asking GH questions
about the artists, and questions that lead to other questions.  Songs that lead to other songs.
Made a phone call with GH.  Asked for a store's hours of operation.   Remembered an old recipe
and asked Google for a recipe for Johnny Marzetti...it was on Allrecipes and Google offered to send
it to my phone.  You really should just get one (spring for the larger one,
get it on WM.com via Google Express and essentially pay $54).  If you can't find any redeeming qualities about it,
return it :)

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2017, 07:52:06 am »
A Lot of the Best Buy Prices are already in action... They have Hue "Light Strips Plus" at half price already... $89 lights for 49 dollars (well... almost half price)Current model, Damn good price.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:17:22 pm by scottrods »
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!