Target Black Friday Sales for Echo and GH Products
« on: November 06, 2017, 02:37:33 pm »

Re: Target Black Friday Sales for Echo and GH Products
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 03:09:32 pm »
too bad the spot has not been released

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 03:35:44 pm »
renegade, for $19 you can get a Mini and see for yourself what I've been talking about ;)  Wish I needed more but I think 1 Dot and 4 GH/Minis covers it!

Jerome

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 04:15:12 pm »
renegade, for $19 you can get a Mini and see for yourself what I've been talking about ;)  Wish I needed more but I think 1 Dot and 4 GH/Minis covers it!
You mean "for $29", right ?
Does anyone know if the Echo Dot is also available in white for $29.99 ? (the ad does not mention it)

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 04:42:44 pm »
I don't know for positive but my guess is that the white would be available.
No, $19.  It's $29 + a $10 coupon for Target.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 04:51:47 pm »

mini is not a spot and I really do not need another ai system.  I don't ask a lot of stupid questions so it is not needed.  that is really the only advantage the mini and gh in general has over the echo.  I did help someone setup their gh and it was a pain, especially with wemo devices.   I have nine wemo devices and sure don't want to have to set them up on a gh and reset them up after updates that require unlinking.  it is no fun having to crawl under tables and desks, move furniture and more just to get access to them just to link them. 

Jerome

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 05:07:08 pm »
Oh ok, I hadn't noticed the $10 coupon  ;)

I live in France but I will have my brother in Texas go buy an Echo Dot and a Fire TV Stick so that he can bring them to me on Christmas when he visits.
Can you like buy the GH Mini and then use its $10 coupon immediately on a BlackFriday-discounted Fire Stick ?
(it's unclear if allowed by their policy)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:10:34 pm by Jerome »

malliekm

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 05:20:21 pm »
So the only questions you ever have running thru your mind are stupid ones?  I don't ask stupid questions either but I can keep GH busy with questions about a word or phrase or subject I've hear on the news, or while reading a technical story.  Substituting an ingredient.  How to (fill in the blank).  Opening and closing times of stores.  How do you treat a broken toe?  What are the signs of a concussion?  Recurring reminders.   What do Dingos like to eat?  Not stupid because we have one.  I'm sorry you can't think of anything other than stupid questions for the GH.   There is a world of knowledge in that little donut!  And not ONCE have I had to reset any devices when there was an update on either side.  The only time I had to do any kind of repeat set up is when I did a FR on my phone.  I was shocked when I set up my first GH.  It  was so much easier (and faster) than Alexa.  But,that's OK!  It will leave more for me and others that can ask intelligent questions :)  BTW, if all it could ask was stupid questions, I wouldn't have 4 of them.  Stupid, I'm not ;)

malliekm

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 05:23:01 pm »

I live in France but I will have my brother in Texas go buy an Echo Dot and a Fire TV Stick so that he can bring them to me on Christmas when he visits.
Can you like buy the GH Mini and then use its $10 coupon immediately on a BlackFriday-discounted Fire Stick ?

Sorry Jerome, I don't know about that.  Maybe your brother could call the store and ask or maybe there is a disclaimer in the flyer.  You could Google the flyer on line and see a larger version of it.  Where in Texas is your brother?  I'm' 60 miles east of Dallas.

Jerome

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 05:30:38 pm »

Sorry Jerome, I don't know about that.  Maybe your brother could call the store and ask or maybe there is a disclaimer in the flyer.  You could Google the flyer on line and see a larger version of it.  Where in Texas is your brother?  I'm' 60 miles east of Dallas.
He lives in Irving.
I'll send him for at least a Dot and a Stick and he'll ask about the coupon policy.
Geez, those American Black Friday deals make me want to buy so many things !
It's a shame the Alexa-powered devices are not sold in France :(

Offline jwlv

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 05:40:22 pm »
From the ad, I can only assume that the GH Mini is $29 and you get a $10 gift card either at the point of sale or by mail in rebate. In either case, I believe that the $10 is intended to be used on a return visit to Target.

To malliekm: Just curious, how many Echo devices and how many GH devices do you have now? My home is filled w/ Echo devices but at $29 for a GH Mini, I'm very tempted to give it a try, even if just for kicks. But I do dread the HUUUUGE Black Friday crowds and lines. They call it a Door Buster and where I live, they probably mean it literally.

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 05:54:55 pm »
I think walmart still has that 10 buck off till january. 

Jerome

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 06:20:25 pm »
I created an account on Target.com and added 2 items to my "quick list" from the weekly ad for the "Buy Online / Pick-up in store" feature.
Not sure how to transfer them to my shopping cart though :-/
Do I need to wait till Nov 23 to do so and place the order ?
Cause the ad reads "prices good Nov 23 - Nov 25" in the top right corner.
I'm a little confused here :o

malliekm

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 07:25:54 pm »
I used to live in Irving :D  Moved there from KY where dad retired from the Army as a Major.  He was a pilot and went to work for Braniff Airways (now defunct). 
I don't see the $10 coupon for the Dot, only the Mini.
[/quote]
He lives in Irving.
I'll send him for at least a Dot and a Stick and he'll ask about the coupon policy.
Geez, those American Black Friday deals make me want to buy so many things !
It's a shame the Alexa-powered devices are not sold in France :(
[/quote]

malliekm

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 07:45:32 pm »
Webby, I have 3 Dots and 4 GHs (2 GH/2 Minis).  Two of the Dots have been decommissioned and ready to sell.
Actually Webby, you can get that Mini for $19 with a $10 coupon to use for another purchase.  I bet there will be others following suit and can be purchased on-line.  My two Minis came from WM via Google Express.  Purchased on line, I was able to get a $25 WM coupon with each Mini purchase.  All in all it made each Mini $25, just indirectly.  So you buy the Mini for $49, connect your GE account with your WM account, register the Mini (that happens during setup) and you'll get $25 coupon to WM.  Nice to have at Christmas time.  I bought my sister a Mini with one of my $25 coupons and SHE got a $25 coupon when she set up her Mini.  I ordered another one for myself, got the $25 coupon and used it to replace something I'd broken a year ago.

I don't know if that was a WM deal ONLY or if any of the stores that GE joined with and that have the Mini gets the same $25 coupon. 

From the ad, I can only assume that the GH Mini is $29 and you get a $10 gift card either at the point of sale or by mail in rebate. In either case, I believe that the $10 is intended to be used on a return visit to Target.

To malliekm: Just curious, how many Echo devices and how many GH devices do you have now? My home is filled w/ Echo devices but at $29 for a GH Mini, I'm very tempted to give it a try, even if just for kicks. But I do dread the HUUUUGE Black Friday crowds and lines. They call it a Door Buster and where I live, they probably mean it literally.