Echo & Alexa Forums

I have heard of it but can't find it.

joeb1944

I have heard of it but can't find it.
« on: November 06, 2017, 12:07:49 am »
Hello. 
  I have heard that a cam can detect motion and cause Alexa to react as directed. 
  I cant seem to find out what cam I need nor the code to tell Alexa if any movement is detected between 2 and 7 am turn on my lights.
  I don't have a cam but have lights, plugs and a echo.dot.  I am still new to this and would appreciate a hand hold method.

Thank you in advance for your input,

Joe

asianrocker

Re: I have heard of it but can't find it.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 10:03:29 am »
I Google it. Most of what I see it's for the show. You also have to pay for cloud server.

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 11:03:29 am »
Hello. 
  I have heard that a cam can detect motion and cause Alexa to react as directed. 
  I cant seem to find out what cam I need nor the code to tell Alexa if any movement is detected between 2 and 7 am turn on my lights.
  I don't have a cam but have lights, plugs and a echo.dot.  I am still new to this and would appreciate a hand hold method.

Thank you in advance for your input,

Joe

you should do a search if the required skill is currently available. I've done a quick search of available skills for cameras, doesn't seem to match what you are looking for
Echo Dot @ SG

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 06:06:41 pm »
not sure if it would be a skill so check out ifttt.  though I am looking for something better, my current setup is a hue motion sensor that turns on a light with a location aware dropcam.   it seems to work pretty good together

joeb1944

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 06:54:52 pm »
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 06:06:41 pm »
not sure if it would be a skill so check out ifttt.  though I am looking for something better, my current setup is a hue motion sensor that turns on a light with a location aware dropcam.   it seems to work pretty good together

Yes Renegade that would be acceptable as an initial setup.  Can you please let me know how to set it up? 

Thank you

Joe

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!