Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Show Home Screen Won’t Change Photos

petejohnson

Echo Show Home Screen Won’t Change Photos
« on: October 16, 2017, 06:01:29 pm »
We have two Amazon Echo Show devices, each set to show pictures on its Home screen from an album in our Prime Photos. The album contains about 60 photos but for some reason neither machine cycles though all the photos. Instead, each seems to get stuck on a few photos and often leaves a single photo unchanged on its Home screen for several days.

I've looked at the photos in the Amazon Prime Photos web screen and they seem fine. If I ask the Echo Show to show pictures, it gives me a slide show without a glitch.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

petejohnson

Re: Echo Show Home Screen Won’t Change Photos
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 04:49:11 pm »
After tinkering with this I realized that the Echo Show does not display a sequence of pictures when you select an Amazon Prime Photo Album as its source. Instead, it chooses one photo and shows that continuously on the home screen. (I find this behavior counter-intuitive. It should be better documented.)

You can, however, initiate a slide show with the voice command “Alexa, show my album [album name].”

With this command you get to see all your photos  but lose the time and temperature and various bulletins of the home screen and you cannot control the tempo of the slide show.

Amazon should consider making the slide show more flexible. I'd like to control its pacing and add date, time and temperature to the display.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:35:19 pm by petejohnson »