Echo & Alexa Forums

mini recording everything.

mini recording everything.
« on: October 11, 2017, 05:25:44 am »

malliekm

Re: mini recording everything.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 12:00:17 pm »
I read this last night.  No, it's not good but what is good is that the company has already fixed the problem.  Of course ANY of these AIs can do that and do it without you knowing it if they wanted to.

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 04:50:03 pm »
I read this last night.  No, it's not good but what is good is that the company has already fixed the problem.  Of course ANY of these AIs can do that and do it without you knowing it if they wanted to.

was just reading the article about the fix.  we will know if it is fixed when the mini is finally released. 

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 04:23:04 am »
got to thinking about this, since the mini has not been released yet, only journalists and bloggers are getting the mini to test.   it is really a bug or was google listening in to see what they are saying before it hits print.

malliekm

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 12:45:14 pm »
renegade, there are thousands of Minis in the hands of regular folk.  Have you not seen any of the videos of the Google Mini (pop up) Donut Shops all across the country?  They're SO CUTE!!!  I hope who(m)ever came up with this marketing idea got a nice big bonus  ;D  Brilliant!
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Google+Donut+shop

malliekm

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 01:10:58 pm »

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 03:03:39 pm »
don't know how thousands would have it since it will not be released until next week on the 19th.  maybe the videos are from google employees.

malliekm

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 03:22:46 pm »
It's a national pre-launch marketing event.  Did you watch any of the videos?  :o 

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 03:29:57 pm »
makes no difference, public release ain't till next week.  what I previously said about the so called bug goes, it could have been intentional.  and the videos you see are from shills or google employees. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:32:16 pm by renegade600 »

malliekm

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 03:58:27 pm »
Bug aside, you're saying you believe (or know) that all the 10s of thousands of people standing in line for a chance to get a Mini are Google employees?  As with any big event marketing pitch, the idea is to whip the public into a "I can't live without" frenzy.  But I 100% disagree that they're all actors/shills/Google employees.  Do you have any evidence to backup your claim? 

malliekm

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 05:46:22 pm »
What if...Amazon planted spies at Google to sabotage the GHM by making it record constantly and therefore wrapping it's debut in a shroud of doubt/uncertainty and negativity.  Dot and Mini cost the same.  Which one are  you going to buy?  An AI that might be spying on you or one that has been caught spying on you?  It's Amazon's fault  8) ;) :P  Somehow Google caught on to the Amazon invasion and had to counter with an all out (brilliant) pre-sales marketing ploy to show the public there was no cause for alarm.  Google sent all 72k-ish employees to streets across America to stand in line at Google Donut Shops for a chance to win the yet released GH Mini.  It was a win-win.  If you didn't get a Mini, you got a couple of donuts.  Who doesn't appreciate free donuts? 
It could happen  ;)
Oh and I'm going for the AI that's been caught spying on us  ;D