Echo (Alexa) User Forums

The joys of living in the country

The joys of living in the country
« on: October 10, 2017, 11:06:53 pm »
For the second time in 35 years one of my dogs and I have taken a direct hit from a skunk.  Unless you,'ve had the same experience you can't even imagine the smell.  We just wanted to enjoy the cool front by taking a stroll on a dark quiet country road. 

Re: The joys of living in the country
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 11:27:14 pm »
A Texas size skunk must be terrible.  I can STILL recall the smell of the Florida ones from my youth. Guess you will need to bury your clothes now.

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 11:38:42 pm »
Dog and clothes are outside.  After being sprayed we entered the house thru the backdoor and back out the front.  Clearly I wasn't thinking!!! 
The expensive rug got a good dousing of vanilla and water.  It smells good already.  I thru away a less expensive one.   I steam cleaned all the stone floors we walked on after spraying them with vanilla and water.  Windows are open, AC is running, 4 Scentsy warmers are filling the house with vanilla and mandarin fragrance.  Poor Howie.  I sprayed him with vanilla and water too but he needs a good soaking in it or peroxide and baking soda and then the vanilla/water combo.  It will have to wait till tomorrow.  He's sleeping outside tonight :(  Bless his heart.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 05:42:08 am »
at least it did not crawl under the house and die.  skunks are not just for country living.  I live in a town of 7k and there are skunks all over the place.  I am all the time smelling them or seeing them dead on the road. 

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 10:29:27 am »
We always used canned tomato juice to wash ourselves and the dogs  -  then a shower

Online jwlv

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 07:25:01 am »
Good thing for the country side, where your closest neighbors are miles away.