Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo setup in France

DavidA

Re: Echo setup in France
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 12:42:42 pm »
Now it's possible to enter a French address, but you also have to set the language to French, and use French issued skills.  You cannot enter English as your language with a French location.

Jerome

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 03:05:15 pm »
Now it's possible to enter a French address, but you also have to set the language to French, and use French issued skills.  You cannot enter English as your language with a French location.
Are you talking about a brand new setup ?
Because I've had Echos in English with a French address configured and it's been working just fine for months now.
"Alexa, what's the weather like today ?" (ie without specifying a location) would give me the forecast for my town  :)

DavidA

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 04:35:38 pm »
I've had the Echo here for about 6 months, but could never enter my French address.  It didn't even know my nearest town (Figeac).

My address was set as Norwich, and the language was English.  Then, if I just said "weather" it gave Norwich conditions.

Now that it's possible to enter my actual address, it gives the weather for here, but will not allow me to load any skills on Alexa setup unless the language is set for French.

Jerome

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 05:02:26 pm »
I've had the Echo here for about 6 months, but could never enter my French address.  It didn't even know my nearest town (Figeac).

My address was set as Norwich, and the language was English.  Then, if I just said "weather" it gave Norwich conditions.

Now that it's possible to enter my actual address, it gives the weather for here, but will not allow me to load any skills on Alexa setup unless the language is set for French.
Here are my settings on my UK-imported Echo (1st gen bought at the end of 2016 - French address since early 2018)

Same for my US-imported Echo Dots.

DavidA

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 02:31:09 am »
Now that Echos are sold in France, there should not be much of a problem IF you have a French Amazon account and are ok with using the French language