Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo SDK early sign up

Offline jwlv

Echo SDK early sign up
« on: February 27, 2015, 04:08:29 pm »
Software Development Kit Beta—For those who want to help shape Echo's future, the team is working on an SDK to help hobbyist and enthusiast developers create new apps and experiences. If you're interested in building your ideas during a limited-participation beta ahead of the SDK's public release, sign up at: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/html-forms-controller/Echo_Developer_Interest

gssincla

Re: Echo SDK early sign up
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 08:11:08 pm »
I signed up a week or so ago when I first got my Echo for the SDK, but haven't heard anything back from Amazon at all. Any idea how long it takes for them to accept your application? I really want to start hacking on this thing  ;D

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 10:21:09 pm »
I signed up for the SDK months ago, I think in January or February. I had almost given up on it since I've never heard back from them. Then last week, I got an invite.

I'm not sure what qualifications are needed for them to approve an application. I have a few apps in the Google Play store currently. And I had a game that was published by Activision some 15-20 years ago. I can't remember if they asked about programming experience on the application.

gssincla

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 09:32:52 am »
without violating any NDAs you had to sign, can you tell us what all is provided in the SDK? Does access to the SDK cost anything?

I'm hoping to get my invite before December  :-\

Offline jwlv

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 02:22:57 pm »
The only thing I can say is what I knew before agreeing to the NDA. So I can't answer your questions that relate to things I found out after the NDA.

jonjanisch

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 05:50:48 pm »
I signed up shortly after receiving my Echo less than 2 weeks ago and am hoping I get an invite!