Echo & Alexa Forums

Problems streaming music

montori

Problems streaming music
« on: September 25, 2017, 09:45:27 am »
About a month ago, all 3 of my Echos developed problems playing music. Sometimes they would play a radio station or Prime for 30 seconds and then cut out. The device may resume playing music 10 hours later. Often, they would accept the command and confirm it but no music at all.
I have 2 Echo Shows and one dot too. None of those three exhibit this behavior and all 3 regular Echos do. This is not a network issue. CS are trying to help and are supposedly looking into it but no resolution weeks later.

Does anybody have this problem? There was apparently a firmware upgrade end of August. I had never had this issue before.

montori

Re: Problems streaming music
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 08:17:22 am »
Nobody? It can't be just me!

asianrocker

Re: Problems streaming music
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 05:25:06 am »
yeah I tried playing tunein again today after not playing it for awhile. Guess what? does not play it, have an error. So I have to do the MANUAL aka Neanderthal way of using my hands to play it. Then tried again if it will play tunein via the hands free voice activated way. It did.

Most of the time, you have to scream at your echo numerous times, louder seem to work better.  :-\