Echo & Alexa Forums

Pairing wireless headphones to DOT possible?

Alpha Bitch

Pairing wireless headphones to DOT possible?
« on: September 30, 2017, 05:51:08 pm »
2nd gen DOT

BEATS Solo3 Wireless Headphones
=================

Is it possible to pair BT wireless headphones to the 2nd gen DOT?

I have tried the headphones in pairing mode yet, DOT cannot locate headphones.

I am using the browser Alexa settings....
Settings>Devices (DOT)>BT: Put headphones in pairing mode then clicked on the "Pair a New Device" tab.
DOT never finds the headphones.

I gather the DOT does not consider headphones as "speakers?"  I Googled & Binged searched all over the web.  All findings show you how to pair w/BT speakers but NOT "headphones." I couldn't find anything on YouTube. >:(

FWIW....
I called CS & he (cute British accent ;D ) tried on his BT wireless headphones.  Didn't work for him either as he thought it should. 

He is going to further investigate & call me back in an hour or two.  When/if he does, will report back.

If anyone has had success in pairing wireless BT headphones to the DOT please "detail" how it was done.  Thanks in advance.

mike27oct

Re: Pairing wireless headphones to DOT possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 06:22:04 pm »
Pairing BT headphones is NO different than pairing BT speakers.  They both are "speakers".

Now, do not use the app to pair; sit with headphones near the Dot to be paired. set headphones into pairing mode. soon as it is in the mode, tell Dot "Alexa, pair bluetooth".  They ought to pair.  If they don't, try again. 

I could have this backwards, if so, first tell Dot to "pair bluetooth", and right away set headphones into pairing mode again.  Both devices must be in their non-pairing mode each time you need to try pairing again.

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 10:46:13 pm »
I Google and see that you can pair a BT headphone in echo show. I honestly don't see why you can't do it on any echo devices. Some times you need to try numerous times. Til they found each other.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 02:52:33 pm »
@Mike....
Not sure which of your suggestions worked but it did after numerous tries.  Pairing w/o the browser app worked.   THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I was so frustrated I was going back & forth which seemed liked forever.  Unknown why "pairing" to a DOT was so difficult.  Not sure if the "issue" was on my end or my BEATS Solo3 headphones.
============

@asianrocker
Some times you need to try numerous times.
I found this out the hard way.  Took 25 tries & a few "Hail Marys" to pair.  I was determined.  Thank you for the heads up.

Also, can you please post the link of the Echo Snow & BT headphones info and/or video.  I couldn't find it.

==========

FWIW...
CS called me back.  He couldn't pair DOT to his BEATS headphones through the app either.  He was successful doing it by laying the headphones next to a DIT saying "Alexa pair bluetooth." That way worked for him but not for me.  I had to move the headphones away from the DOT approximately 3-5 feet for DOT to begin searching.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 02:57:35 pm by Alpha Bitch »