Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo says "Pandora is not currently available in your region"

Rykarn

Echo says "Pandora is not currently available in your region"
« on: September 22, 2017, 11:08:25 pm »
I have never received this answer from Alexa. For the last 6 months, I have been happily listening to Pandora when I have asked Alexa to play it. Pandora is my default music player on the app. Now today, I cannot get Alexa to play Pandora. However, I can play Pandora IF I open the app and play it from there. What happened? I have not touched the app to change anything on Alexa for 5 months! This is getting frustrating! Help?

Any other questions or orders to Alexia gets prompt responses.

I live in the suburbs, not someplace far away from the city.

Rykarn

Re: Echo says "Pandora is not currently available in your region"
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 01:10:29 am »
Wow, no one person can help with this problem? Its been running fine up until 4 days ago. I use it to play Pandora, now it wont start if I use a verbal command to start, but if I use the app and start pandora manually that way, it works fine.  Whats wrong??!?

Jerome

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 03:00:59 am »
Hi Rykarn,
Do you live in the US where Pandora is officially available ? (just to clarify the context)
I live in France (where it's not) and created a Pandora account through a US VPN and I've been using it vocally on my Echo with no problem for almost a year.
Have you tried unlinking your Pandora account then relinking it to Echo ? Reset your Echo ?

jworthin

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 02:49:46 pm »
I had the exact same problem. Contacted Amazon support. Solution is:
1) Factory reset the Echo with a paper clip in the tiny hole in the bottom for 12 seconds.
2) Go to your Alexia app and select setup and then add the new (actually reset) device.